The potato has been discovered in Peru and then introduced in Spain and Italy. During the famine, the French have adopted it for cooking and recognized its properties.
There’s no secret that it has various uses in the kitchen, but not too many people know about the benefits of potatoes when it comes to their health.
Below, you can find a short list with other benefits of potatoes, so you should consider introducing them in your diet, if they’re not already present.
- Potatoes are the fourth food power source, after rice, wheat and corn
- Raw potato juice can work as an emollient or diuretic and it has antispasmodic characteristics.
- One of the most important benefits of the potatoes is the fact that it contains
- Raw potato juice is used to treat ulcers and gastric acidity, having a calming effect over the digestive mucosa.
- Because of the iron, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium and zinc it contains, the potato can contribute to building and maintaining bone structure.
- The amount of fiber, potassium, vitamin C and vitamin B6 are other benefits of potatoes, alongside the lack of cholestherol, as they’re excellent for maintaining your health healthy.
- The potato is an excellent source of carbohydrates, present in the form of starch.
Besides all these, some of the most important benefits of potatoes are their efficiency in treating burns, frostbite, skin cracks, ulceration and the edema of eyelids.
Finally, wrapping potatoes around your muscles or joints can easily take away pain.
Do you know any other benefits of potatoes? If so, don’t keep the secret just for yourselves and share them with us, using the comments section below.