With the cold wheather knocking at the door, we thought that you need to know what are the healthiest winter smoothies, so we made our Top 5. Enjoy!
Winter green smoothie:
A homemade green smoothie is a fast way to get a lost of nutrition with little effort. It may not look great, but it’s really tasty.
- 1 cup pineapple with core
- ½ grapefruit
- ½ avocado
- 1½ cups water
Chai Tea smoothie
When it comes to holiday times, Chai Tea smoothie is a great drink for you to enjoy and relax. If you get the portions right, you won’t leave it out of your hand.
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 chai tea bag
- 1 very-ripe frozen banana
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
Carrot cake smoothie
Yes, we know what you think. A smoothie with carrots as main ingredient? Well, for you vegans out there, and not only, this drink is packed with fiber, potassium and Vitamins A, C and D. Try it and you’ll see why it’s one of the best winter smoothies.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey or pure maple syrup or 3 pitted dates
- 3 medium carrots, trimmed, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/8 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- shredded coconut for serving
Apple pie smoothie
You know what they say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. And this winter smoothie tastes like apple pie in a glass.
- 1 gala apple, peeled and cored
- ½ cup non-fat plain yogurt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves (optional)
- 1 cup ice cubes
Of course, at this time of the year you need one of those winter smoothies to boost your immunity and this drink is absolutely genius.
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) blueberries
- 4-5 large strawberries, hulled
- 1 small apple, cored
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dried cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) water, to taste